What kind of ring was he talking about

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 5:20 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

yaneterika
    yaneterika
    Participant
    July 2, 2019 at 10:47 pm #203217

Me and my boyfriend have said we want to get married soon and he’s mentioned giving me a promise ring soon but now he’s saying it’s going to be “really big diamond” and aren’t promise rings usually small? I’ve heard engagement rings are the big diamond ones. I’m just curious what you guys would think because i’m excited and I know I should have just asked him myself to know the answer but still.

Levi1337
    Levi1337
    Participant
    July 3, 2019 at 11:46 pm #203240

If i was with the woman i love with all my heart, but wasn’t ready for marriage, I’d buy a promise ring with the fattest diamond i could afford. Not that it really matters, but its just what the ring stands for. Some people can only afford a temporary ring, its all about the meaning behind it.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 4, 2019 at 7:16 pm #203262

Wait and see.

He probably should not have told you anything about the ring.
    You run the risk of being disappointed.
    Even if turns out to be a cubic zirconia remember marriage is about your union not the pomp and circumstance.

alin918
    alin918
    Participant
    July 7, 2019 at 8:48 am #203317

Either way, you are getting married. Ring size is the least to matter. Do you really love him? If yes, then you should care about your relationship more than a ring. I understand that an engagement ring can. I understand that the engagement and promise ring and a sorts of other rings are important to some people, but you get wht you get and don’t get us set.