What should be my first move?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Ts0024
    Ts0024
    Participant
    November 3, 2018 at 12:09 am #188678

I am a freshman in college (18m) that really has never dated before. So, I’ve been interest in this girl for a while not. We’ve talked and had other interactions before, but nothing major or serious. We really have not hung out or anything like that. However, I have been working on a project with her and another guy, as well a being in a few classes with her; So I’ve been around her quite a lot, and she is super nice. So I guess my question is, for a nervous guy like me who has never really dated before, how do I get her interested in me? Also, how should I make the first move? Thanks

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 3, 2018 at 11:50 am #188679

” how do I get her interested in me? Also, how should I make the first move? ”

Contrary to a lot of books and articles written there are no secret “magic spells” or {Jedi mind tricks} to get someone to like you.
    You simply establish a rapport with someone over something, ask them questions about them self regarding hobbies/interests…
    Smile and be friendly towards them as gradually flirt and observe if they flirt back or seem receptive.

Ultimately you are going to have to risk the possibility of being rejected.
    Because you’re only 18 you still have the option of taking the wimpy approach to dating by inviting her to “hang out”.
    Odds are there is some upcoming event taking place on your college campus or in your town.
    The words “hang out” implies there is no “romantic intention” or your part and if she says “no” it doesn’t feel like a real rejection. You’ll walk away feeling she rejected the “event” and not you.

A more direct approach would be to invite her to lunch or out for pizza.

rob75
    rob75
    Participant
    November 7, 2018 at 8:04 am #188897

Just tell her you like her. Be direct and open.

lynn123
    lynn123
    Participant
    November 7, 2018 at 10:22 pm #188973

I think you need to try and hang out with her in a setting outside of school. Maybe invite her to hang out with you and some friends, tell her she can bring a friend too. This way, it is a casual environment and she will feel more comfortable bringing someone she knows. then you can gauge her interest and go from there/ establish rapport

Wreckatech
    Wreckatech
    Participant
    November 8, 2018 at 10:24 am #188991

I agree with rob75, just tell her you like her. Perhaps ask her out for a coffee or ask her for her opinion on something she may be interested in, get the conversation moving.