What Should I Do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What Should I Do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 12:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Help422
    Help422
    Participant
    June 9, 2019 at 6:37 am #201743
    What Should I Do?

I met a girl online 2 months ago. We talked for 8 days, then met in person and had sex. We’ve talked everyday since then. I told her how I feel, and became a little clingy. She still initiates some contact. Do I still have a chance at a relationship with this woman? She’s 49, and is recovering from losing her last 2 loves to death. She also says sje wants to be my best friend. She’s afraid if someone falls for her she won’t be able to love them back. Any advice with this situation?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 9, 2019 at 4:21 pm #201744

I would just back off with any talk about becoming a “couple” and just have fun with her.
    The best serious relationships are those that began as “casual” and evolved over time.

In the mean time you need to keep your options open by meeting and dating other women.
    Anytime a woman says she wants to be your “best friend” it means she doesn’t see you as being “the one”.

Some people find it difficult rejecting people so they pin it all on (their) issues.
    Like it or not you may not be her cup of tea and she doesn’t want to hurt your feelings.
    Either way I say if you have to “figure out” someone it usually means they’re not all that into you.

She may come to feel differently once she sees you’re not pressing her to be in a relationship.
    Go out, have fun, have sex, and give her a call about once every other week.
    Allow her to call you if wants more contact. You’re single, date multiple women.
    Focusing on one person causes you to become emotionally invested too quickly.

fpson37
    fpson37
    Participant
    June 10, 2019 at 8:03 pm #201821

My best advice is to take it slow and give her space. I wish you all the best.