What should i do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What should i do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 10:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jnc07
    jnc07
    Participant
    February 16, 2020 at 9:36 am #229718
    What should i do?

I matched w/a guy on tinder in October. We’ve been texting everyday but havent met up yet. We finally set a date to meet up in a few wks. Last week he told me he met up w/a girl from hinge & got dinner & drinks w/her. Yesterday he told me that he got drinks with the same girl last night on Valentines Day. I’m talking to other guys from tinder because I don’t wanna be too attached. He got out of a 4 year relationship and isnt looking to date and said he wants to let loose a little. I recently passed my NCLEX and am now a registered nurse. I know this is a good time for me to do whatever I want because I’m single and officially done with school. My mom told me that im 23, a nurse now, & should start mingling. This is my 1st time having dating apps too. I have 3 dates with 3 guys this month before I meet him. He texted me yesterday and I left him on read to play hard to get. Should I just suck it up and still meet up with him in a few weeks or just ghost him/mute him?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 16, 2020 at 6:58 pm #229723

“He texted me yesterday and I left him on read to play hard to get.”
    “Should I just suck it up and still meet up with him in a few weeks or just ghost him/mute him?”

You need to make up your mind if you want to meet the guy or not.
    Based upon your behavior it sounds like you are attached or at the very least jealous.
    People who behave or act like they’re in an “exclusive relationship” when there is none hurt themselves.
    They feel somehow as if they’ve been “cheated on” or they’re dealing with a “player”.

As you noted you also have dates with other people and he’s not looking to have a “relationship”.
    The guy has been completely upfront with you. So why bother “playing games”.

Anyone who has an active profile on a dating site/app is clearly still searching!
    If you were job hunting you wouldn’t stop emailing resumes just because you had a great interview with one company!
    The smart thing for you to do is to keep your options open by meeting and dating other guys.

Sanny_L
    Sanny_L
    Participant
    February 16, 2020 at 9:10 pm #229728

It does sound like you are a little bit attached. My past experience taught me if I am getting a bit attached before even meeting the person, meeting in person would make me feel like there is some sort of high expectation on where things could lead, and if he only wants to let loose, I think it’s probably not a good idea to even meet him.

Like you said yourself, he’s been seeing someone else for a few times and doesn’t mind telling you about it. I’d say if you are looking for something a bit more real, don’t meet him,.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    February 19, 2020 at 12:38 pm #229923

If you want casual sure meet up but if you want something serious I would move on.

Chad
    Chad
    Participant
    February 19, 2020 at 2:56 pm #229963

He seems to be indirectly telling you he’s looking for casual (by telling you about his other dates) and, it seems like you are more attached than him because he has way more relationship, dating and casual sex mileage under his belt. If I were you, I’d meet with him for the learning it may provide and, decide if you want the casual sex he if offering. If so go for it but if not, explain then ghost but don’t, just ghost without explaining !!

govguy84
    govguy84
    Participant
    February 22, 2020 at 11:29 pm #230305

try dating off tinder

Cw12453
    Cw12453
    Participant
    February 23, 2020 at 1:08 pm #230315

I would say there are games being played. I have a situation going on while not quite the same issue, but it sounds like he just wants to hookup. Just my thoughts.