What should I say?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What should I say?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

irisheyes
    irisheyes
    Participant
    September 20, 2018 at 12:14 pm #184860
    What should I say?

So about a year ago I moved to a new area and my friends thought I should join a dating website, so I did. I received quite a bit of messages, but only 2 guys were ones I replied to. So this one man I spoke to a few times back and forth he was nice but I decided I didn’t think online dating was for me and deleted the account. Too many crazy guys were messaging me and that was it. So I am now getting involved with things around my town and here is this man I messaged that walks into the same meeting, so we volunteer together every weekend. I want to say something like sorry I stopped replying to your emails or making a joke about knowing him. I honestly think he is a nice guy and I took the view of meeting men in person. So is it a good idea to somewhat apologize or explain what happened. I would like to get to know him. Thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 20, 2018 at 1:10 pm #184875

It’s not (where) you meet but (who) you meet that counts.

It’s not about who finds you attractive but rather who YOU find attractive.
    Nothing happens until (you) say “yes” to someone.

There’s really no reason to bring up the online dating site unless (he) brings it up.
    To say you gave up on online dating because there were “too many crazy guys” implies (he) was one of them.
    In all honesty there is no funny way of making light over “ghosting” someone either.

Instead act like you’re just meeting him, flirting with him, and getting to know him in person.
    The past is the past….

Pacificwest1
    Pacificwest1
    Participant
    September 20, 2018 at 2:24 pm #184878

Don’t bring up the online dating issue, instead when you’re ready and the time is right say to him that you were insecure about meeting a really good and honest guy until I met you. It will.speak volumes.