What should my next move be?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 8:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

evrythgnotto
    evrythgnotto
    Participant
    July 18, 2019 at 4:37 pm #203968

There is a guy that I have known for about 10 yrs. He is a friend of a friend & someone that, at one time, expressed interest in me. This was b/f he realized I was unavailable after which he backed off as I was spoken for & happy. I am now currently single & saw him recently. He didn’t know that I was single until then b/c my circle of friends all sort of fell out of touch. He seemed happy to see me & walked over to give me a hug. We caught up a little bit & there were a few short, awkward silences in there somewhere. When we went to part ways he gave me another hug & I decided to ask him if he wanted to grab a beer at some point He seemed to get a little nervous so I told him not to read to much into it & I just wanted to catch up, maybe go to a brewery. His answer was “possibly, but I’m really busy right now.” He then got a big grin on his face & kind of looked down for a sec. Do I reach out? He did mention how busy things were for him b/f I asked him that question.

amyyyyblack
    amyyyyblack
    Participant
    August 1, 2019 at 4:46 am #204665

Hmmm, is he busy or is he not single? I would reach out, invite him for a drink and see what he says. What’s the worst that could happen?

chrishen
    chrishen
    Participant
    August 3, 2019 at 12:13 am #204782

You did reach out. He said he was busy, which means he doesn’t want to go with you. People make time for people they want to hang out with. Would he have been too busy for Scarlett Johansson? Probably not.

You also failed to mention if he was even single or whether he knew/ found out eventually if you were?

If he wants to meet you, he knows the invitation is there any you aren’t going to reject him. He’ll take it if he wants it.

delericoh
    delericoh
    Participant
    August 4, 2019 at 3:05 am #204795

You did reach out. Just give him time. If you can, while you wait, I don’t see why not ask around with your Friends about him.
    He may be busy, and I have to disagree with my fellow men brothers. Because, yes, if somebody is interested, they Will let you know.
    But, sometimes it takes some time for people to trust you enough to go out. So, give him time.
    I’m telling you this because it happened to me. A girl told me she was busy, and a month later we went out. It was worth the wait, so. Just wait.
    At the end of the day, Its better to say too much, then never say what you need to say again.

cloud9
    cloud9
    Participant
    August 6, 2019 at 10:00 am #204913

I’m wondering something simiar at the moment about someone I have a crush on.

Once you reach out, all you can do is wait and see, as annoying and anxiety inducing as it can be! But you’ve made a move now and it’s on him!