What to do, what to dooo!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

maka55
    maka55
    Participant
    October 2, 2018 at 7:12 pm #185985

My ex and i follow each other’s locations and social media. We went to a game this weekend and were acting like a couple again. I asked him if he was happier being alone and he said he enjoyed coming home and not having to check in with anyone and to do any upkeep. This obviously hurt me because right now i feel like he is eating his cake and having it too. He doesn’t have to talk to me and do the upkeep of the relationship but whenever he wants, i will be there. I know that the right thing to do is cut him off but i genuinely love and care for him and i feel like doing that will be the last step and i will have to move on. This past weekend he went back to being sweet to me and loving me and talking of the future and our kids. I do think he is confused and doesn’t know what he wants but i feel like i am making it too easy for him to get away with all of this. I know i will get responses saying “cut him off” but what do you guys think is going through his head? Why cant he let me go?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 5, 2018 at 5:57 pm #186404

yes i’m quite sure you do love him.
    but he is having his cake and eat it too so i don’t thikn he loves you.

love takes 2, not 1
    you can’t “love him so much” that he’ll love you back. you already know this b/c look at what’s happening now.

leaving him is a last resort, b/c it means it’s over. But at sometime you have to make the decision if this is how you want the rest of your life to be, or do you want somethign else. if you want something else – then you have no choice but to leave this behind to allow you to find somethign else.

good luck.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 7, 2018 at 4:30 pm #186420

“He doesn’t have to talk to me and do the upkeep of the relationship but whenever he wants, i will be there.”
    ” i am making it too easy for him to get away with all of this.
    “Why cant he let me go?”

Because you’re “low hanging fruit”!
    Lots of men would love to have a “booty call” or “friends with benefits” arrangement.

He’s HAPPY!
    You’re NOT!
    Suffering is optional.

So the real questions is: Why can’t YOU let HIM go?

In order for (him) to be “the one” he would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships.
    We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    Accept them (as is) or move on. The choice is up to us.
    Choose wisely!

Love yourself enough not to go from being his girlfriend to being his sperm depository.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

Liam1997
    Liam1997
    Participant
    October 8, 2018 at 7:39 pm #186441

Fade that guy