What to do when he's moving WAY too fast

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2019 at 8:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Elle
    Elle
    Participant
    December 18, 2018 at 2:52 pm #191329

So a few days ago I went on a Tinderdate with this guy. I did really like it, we got along pretty well. Towards the end of the date we kissed, which I normally never do, but it kinda just happened. He got very touchy after that, not in an inappropriate way but he just kept touching my hand, putting my hair behind my ear,etc. It made me feel kind of uncomfortable, because it still only was our first date. After a few minutes the date was over he messaged me, telling me he really liked the date, which I found kinda cute. But then he proceeded to tell my I was very beautiful, that he isn’t planning on going on any other dates and it was the best date he had in a long time,… And it just makes me really uncomfortable. I don’t fall in love easily and like to take things slow. I also tend to push people away, which I fear I’ll do with him if he proceeds being so intense. I really liked him, but I don’t know what to do or say about him being so intense and going so fast.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 19, 2018 at 8:56 pm #191432

“It made me feel kind of uncomfortable…”
    Suffering is optional.

All you need to do is tell him whether or not you enjoyed the date.
    If so tell him you did but also stress you think things moved a little too fast for you.

It’s YOUR life and YOUR rules.
    You get to decide who and when you will kiss or do whatever.
    If he doesn’t want to go along with your time schedule he’s not the one for you.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

” I also tend to push people away, which I fear I’ll do with him if he proceeds being so intense.”
    Some women are uncomfortable with men who “worship them” especially if they’re used to dating jerks.
    You could stick such a woman in a room with five guys and have four them drop to their knees extending their heart towards her.
    While the 5th guy sits in a corner sipping a cocktail acting as if she doesn’t exist.
    That’s the guy she will want to get to know! He’s a mystery/challenge and women love having to figure out men.

devdo
    devdo
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 12:34 am #192290

If you are not looking for sex, you should date a woman. Men want no holds barred sex. Any honest man will attest to this fact.

incanada
    incanada
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 12:37 am #192293

“I really like him except that he’s so intense and makes me uncomfortable”.
    For real??

lcoste2
    lcoste2
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 12:43 am #192295

If you are not feeling comfortable with this man its because he isn’t respecting your boundaries. A man should never make a lady feel this way on a first date. I would’t date him again. I would kindly tell him that he is very nice, but not what you are looking for.
    Or you can state your desire to take things slow.

lcoste2
    lcoste2
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 12:44 am #192296

If you like this man, just tell him that you would like to continue to date, but have to take things slowly.

benrhm
    benrhm
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 12:37 pm #192373

Get on other dating sites that aren’t tinder

gow311055
    gow311055
    Participant
    January 13, 2019 at 3:38 am #192490

you just have to tell him how you feel or he will continue to do what you don’t want and will result you in pushing him away

avrilrenee
    avrilrenee
    Participant
    January 17, 2019 at 3:05 pm #192877

Run. My 3 guesses from being what I like to call a “professional single”, (bwahaha);

1. He’s desperate-who wants that responsibility?
    2. He’s just trying to “woo you” into sex.
    3. He’s trying to prime you for future manipulation by acting like you are magically perfect together w/out even knowing who you are. Any relationship with legs has to allow time to know each other, including emotionally, and someone who is that into me from the get-go tells me they aren’t emotionally mature enough to take the time to get to know me and something is definitely off. IF they were mature enough they’d want to be sure they weren’t getting tied up with someone who was crazy first too. He doesn’t even know you yet, don’t forget this.

Remember, you are worthy enough not to settle for Mr. Wrong. 😉

Bernie1990
    Bernie1990
    Participant
    January 17, 2019 at 9:02 pm #192906
    Reply To: What to do when he's moving WAY too fast

You don’t have to do anything your uncomfortable with and just tell him you want to take things slow if he does get pushy about it! Also if you like him and another date happens hope it goes well and remember you do what you feel is right if it doesn’t feel right don’t!

Bernie1990
    Bernie1990
    Participant
    January 22, 2019 at 8:51 am #193037

Could u do me a favour could u help me out with my question? Thanks I’d really appreciate it!!!☺

carajane
    carajane
    Participant
    February 4, 2019 at 8:29 am #194095

If you feel uncomfortable you should not see him again. Maybe he is this type of person that likes to take things this intenes. If you really liked him and want to give him a chance you should talk with him about this and tell him you should take things slower 🙂 Good luck!

mansome2242
    mansome2242
    Participant
    February 5, 2019 at 11:43 pm #194242

Tinder isnt really for slow relationships

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    February 6, 2019 at 5:23 am #194243

So a few days ago I went on a Tinderdate with this guy. I did really like it

Cowboy
    Cowboy
    Participant
    February 7, 2019 at 1:17 pm #194392

Don’t be afraid to tell him that you really like him, but you would prefer things to move a bit slower. If he wants a relationship, and not just wanting to get into your pants, then he will respect your boundaries. Men can’t read women’s minds, and vice versa. So communicate. Talk. Remember if it doesn’t work out…there are men out there who will respect you.

1 2