What’s going on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What’s going on?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lbryan633
    lbryan633
    Participant
    September 19, 2019 at 3:01 am #207220
    What’s going on?

So I’ve been dating this woman for 2 months, we have seen quite a bit of each other over the last 2 months. She has 2 kids and I have 1 and after the first month we introduced them. We have our own dates but have also done a lot of fun stuff with the kids as well. We both contribute to paying for things we do. She was cheated on in her previous marriage and she had told me that it messed her up. After the first month I told her I had a lot of feelings for her and was crazy about her. She told me she does like me and that we obviously are attracted to each other but that she wants to take it slow. She did seem to back away a bit after this, before we talked she was initiating text convos, being flirty but stopped, but always responds. We still hang out quite a bit .We have not had sex, but we do hug, kiss, cuddle and touch each other, but she will not make out with me either. We always hug and kiss each other hi and bye. Is she afraid if we make out that it will move too fast or what?

lbryan633
    lbryan633
    Participant
    September 19, 2019 at 4:11 am #207221

It just feels like sometimes she cares and sometimes she don’t, having a hard time reading her

jonnylaw8069
    jonnylaw8069
    Participant
    September 19, 2019 at 6:53 am #207222

She is just taking things slower , and making sure you are a keeper.Looks like a good thing.

Intergenerational
    Intergenerational
    Participant
    September 19, 2019 at 11:42 am #207260

She is afraid of getting hurt again, so is exercising a lot of caution; that’s completely understandable. Don’t be concerned with making out, that’s for marriage. work towards developing a relationship that will stand the test of time. Build a bond that will last and bring you two closer together to face whatever may come your way.

Michelle Behrens
    Michelle Behrens
    Participant
    September 21, 2019 at 8:52 pm #207343

Sex complicates things. Maybe she understands this and really does want to take things slow. I think it’s pretty smart actually. A relationship is so much more than sex. Maybe she’s also looking to see how much you really do care about her. If you you care enough sex will wait. I must say, relationships lasted lifetimes in the old days when people weren’t eager to jump in bed. Maybe there’s something to be said for really getting to know a person before taking that step. Sex is easily confused with feelings that don’t have anything to do with love.

Michelle Behrens
    Michelle Behrens
    Participant
    September 21, 2019 at 8:54 pm #207344

I shouldn’t say when people weren’t eager to jump in bed, rather it wasn’t as acceptable. Now it seems to be expected early on, before you know if you really want to be with the person.

kratoss
    kratoss
    Participant
    September 29, 2019 at 10:14 pm #207727

Yes