What’s going on with this guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 1:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

aseb123
    aseb123
    Participant
    October 29, 2019 at 6:53 pm #224245

Me and this guy have been texting for a good 3 months. We’ve Hungout about a dozen times now within the last couple months. He got out of a relationship 8 years ago BC his girl cheated. He said it really messed him up. Now he says I’m the first girl he’s liked since then and he wants to get to know me slowly. I’m not sure if I’m overthinking it, but I really like the guy. He’s only hugged me goodbye, but they are like quick hugs. He texts me practically all day everyday. I just don’t want it to get to the point where it’s months down the road and we’re still at the same place. I know I’ll get bored just texting him and hanging out once a week. There’s no phone calls or anything, and I’m not big into texting. I also have a daughter and he said he’d be open to meeting her, but he’s practically met my whole family and I haven’t met anyone on his side. He’s hinted if I’m talking to other guys, he’s not competing. Like ok, then wtf is going on!? You want me to be a gf but not be a gf? Help

monkeygirl
    monkeygirl
    Participant
    October 29, 2019 at 8:25 pm #224247

Look, he just gotten out of a long and traumatic relationship, so it’s normal for him to be very careful with a woman now, especially since it’s something recent. It’s a situation that requires patience. And yes, I believe he really likes you, but he didn’t recovered from his last relationship.

(sorry english, not my mother tongue)

lilaflores26
    lilaflores26
    Participant
    October 29, 2019 at 9:43 pm #224254

If you think it’s been taking to long to move forward with your relationship you should bring it up to him. He told you about how his ex cheating on him hurts and you I assume were understanding so if later down the road it seems like it’s not going anywhere and you would still like it to, you should tell him about your concerns. It’s only fair that you both be honest with each other.

aseb123
    aseb123
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 8:23 am #224251

He dated his ex for 3 years, and they haven’t been together for 8 years. I just feel like 8 years is awhileeee to let go of someone?

aseb123
    aseb123
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 8:23 am #224255

I just see it as something that ended 8 years ago, is a little excessive to hang on to

Maybebaby
    Maybebaby
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 10:08 pm #224322

Its all a bit weird, I know I wouldnt have the patience to wait for someone whos not all in..

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 3, 2019 at 6:57 pm #224547

“Me and this guy have been texting for a good 3 months.”
    “He got out of a relationship 8 years ago BC his girl cheated.”
    “He said it really messed him up.”
    “He’s only hugged me goodbye, but they are like quick hugs.”
    “I just don’t want it to get to the point where it’s months down the road and we’re still at the same place.”

It already sounds like you have wasted 3 months already!
    Generally speaking by 3 months two people hanging out know if they want to be an exclusive couple.
    My guess is you have been acting like you’re in a relationship when you’re actually in a “situationship”.
    If you really like the guy you can continue to see him but (keep your options open by dating other guys).

No one should need close to a decade to get over an ex!
    If he was truly into you he would have made a “move” by now.

Your other option is for YOU to initiate “the talk” by letting him know what it is YOU want.
    Life is short! If he doesn’t want what you want time to move on!