When a girl is avoiding you..what to do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 11:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    March 18, 2020 at 4:37 pm #231733

The girl that I used to like had rejected my friend requests on social media and refuses to keep in touch aside from school email (which is only suitable for professional, not personal things).Now I’ve been moving on from her,as I dont like being treated that low, however it still frustrates me abit that she treats me that way.

What frustrates me more is that it can sometimes affect my self-esteem to be treated by a girl that way, especially since she’s in my grade in school. So, my question is…

How do you deal with it when a girl you liked rejects you and goes out of her way to avoid you on social media? Do you ignore them back (in real-life and social media)?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Rey Hysterio Rey Hysterio.
    Hamburglar69
    Hamburglar69
    Participant
    March 19, 2020 at 1:31 am #231743

If a girl doesn’t like you back, then it’s best to leave her alone. I would recommend reading a book called Models by Mark Manson, it’s a really good dating book by the way. In his book, he goes over three categories of women.

Unreceptive girls are women who are not attracted to you for whatever reason. When you find out a girl is unreceptive, do not continue to pursue her. Instead, move on to the next girl. A woman who is unreceptive towards you (especially from the get-go) is likely never going to be attracted to you.

Neutral girls are women who are neither attracted to you, nor unattracted to you. These women are in the grey zone and could potentially become attracted to you if they get to know you and find out who you are. Your goal with neutral women is to turn them receptive.

Receptive girls are women who are attracted to you. Your goal with receptive women is to ESCALATE. What I mean by that is to make a move, ask them out on a date, get their number, etc…

fma8513
    fma8513
    Participant
    March 19, 2020 at 10:57 am #231764

Act like you don’t care or it doesn’t bother you and it will get under her skin and she will contact you

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 19, 2020 at 11:35 pm #231803

“When a girl is avoiding you..what to do?”
    You move on! Go where you’re appreciated and not tolerated.

Everyone gets rejected either directly or indirectly. That’s life!
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

In order for (her) to be “the one” (she) would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

Wanting to be with someone who does NOT want to be with YOU is self torture.
    Suffering is optional. Love yourself enough to move on!

saratimothy69
    saratimothy69
    Participant
    March 20, 2020 at 10:41 am #231811

you need to know why she is acting that way

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    March 21, 2020 at 11:26 am #231825

Do not waste time and find another big choice

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    March 22, 2020 at 5:55 pm #231846

Exactly. I think most of you’re right. I should just ignore her and let her go completely.

direstraits1987
    direstraits1987
    Participant
    March 22, 2020 at 11:29 pm #231848

It sounds like she just isnt into you, ignoring might help but would it be worth it to date this person if she came around? based on ignoring?

Parhelion96
    Parhelion96
    Participant
    March 24, 2020 at 4:30 am #231907

Just leave her be and move on, and you’ll meet new people.

Tretyakk
    Tretyakk
    Participant
    March 24, 2020 at 6:55 pm #231958
    Reply To: When a girl is avoiding you..what to do?

if the girl is avoiding you I think you need to avoid her in return If she has any feelings for you, this icy ignore will hurt her and she will begin to pay attention if she has no feelings … why do you need her

falloutaidotopm
    falloutaidotopm
    Participant
    March 25, 2020 at 1:50 pm #232029

Look to use your energy elsewhere, go to the gym, a hobby, a project etc etc

El-Komodo
    El-Komodo
    Participant
    March 26, 2020 at 10:41 am #232107

Sounds cliche but it really is true. Occupy your time with other things. In short, ignore her back! Not in that passive aggressive way but in the literal sense. It’s a win/win because you may find something/someone else more interesting than the girl during the time you’re off doing other things, you’re less obsessive over what she’s doing/thinking, AND if she notices you not giving her as much or ANY attention, she may find this attractive. Because women are very weird like this. lol

Joaquin022
    Joaquin022
    Participant
    March 31, 2020 at 8:30 am #232363

for me, i think she wants you to chase her and she want to tell you that she is not that so easy girl.

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    April 1, 2020 at 7:23 am #232424

*@Joaquin022* I absolutely disagree at this point. Based on her actions, its obvious she’s disinterested, not playing hard-to-get (If it was then she would have shown signs of interest or atleast tried to keep in touch somehow). I dont want to delude myself into thinking that its a hard-to-get game when its actual disinterest.

lequochung
    lequochung
    Participant
    April 2, 2020 at 2:35 am #232491

Ok