When to text her

DATING ADVICE FORUM

When to text her

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 7:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

longjohns22
    longjohns22
    Participant
    July 16, 2018 at 8:50 pm #179515
    When to text her

Went out with a girl. First date hit it off we drank went back to her house and messed around. Second date boom! Got the goods. Third date we had a great time. At the end of the third date she made plans for the fourth date. Asked me to come over to her place before fourth date and I did but no sex.

She then cancelled fourth date due to work which is understandable; but never made new plans. She texts randomly like “what are you doing tonight” and I text back but I haven’t seen her in about a month. I asked her out but she was busy last time. The fact that she didn’t make new plans after cancelling makes me weary like I’m not sure where I stand. I’m pretty sure she lost interest somewhere.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 17, 2018 at 8:48 am #179528

“She then cancelled fourth date due to work…”
    “..never made new plans.”
    “I asked her out but she was busy…”
    ” I haven’t seen her in about a month.”
    “I’m pretty sure she lost interest somewhere.”

Odds are you’re right about her no longer being interested.
    There’s a good chance she is seeing other guys or dating someone.
    If she were “into you” she wouldn’t want to go a (month) without seeing you.

Secondly (texting) does not replace having an actual conversation with someone.
    Hearing the inflection in someone’s voice, the cadence in their speech, or any hesitation can tell you more than any text.

Give her a call and have a short chat just to see how things have been going with her without asking her out.
    If she seems glad to hear from you or receptive then suggest getting together when she’s not busy.
    Leave the ball in her court to contact you and go about pursuing other women who (are) into you.

bufcarp
    bufcarp
    Participant
    July 17, 2018 at 9:10 pm #179641

I think your gut is probably telling you right it sounds like she lost interest.. I would go into limited contact only talk to her if she intiates something and don’t get right back to her ..in the mean time keep dating!

longjohns22
    longjohns22
    Participant
    July 17, 2018 at 9:10 pm #179642

Thanks sometimes you just gotta hear it from someone else.

longjohns22
    longjohns22
    Participant
    July 18, 2018 at 8:24 am #179643

I can’t call her I feel like that would be super weird.

longjohns22
    longjohns22
    Participant
    July 18, 2018 at 8:24 am #179644

What I don’t understand is how someone can grow so cold all of a sudden. I might have been a little too interested from the get go and it pushed her away. I fucking hate this shit.

longjohns22
    longjohns22
    Participant
    July 18, 2018 at 8:24 am #179645

I can’t call her out of the blue. That would be weird. She probably wouldn’t pick up. I just don’t understand how she could grow so cold so fast.

longjohns22
    longjohns22
    Participant
    July 18, 2018 at 8:24 am #179647

Even if shes dating other dudes shes not going to find someone as good as me. This shit sucks though.

bufcarp
    bufcarp
    Participant
    July 23, 2018 at 8:49 am #180046

What I would do now is total no contact and it has worked for me many times in these situations even though im not really back with them girls I usually got a second chance.. unless she finds someone in the next few months you will probably hear from her.. with a little luck it wont take that long but on the other hand it could take longer.. don’t reply to anything right away unless its pertaining to seeing one another other wise you blow it off.. after awhile you blow her off shell want to know why.. then I would say just something simple like I have many things going on whats up and then just take it from there..but don’t seem all that interested now make her do all the work.. when things start to go on the slide you have to walk away..its not easy but if you try to force the issue you dig a deeper hole