Where did i go wrong with this girl and is there any way to get her back?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 5:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    January 4, 2018 at 5:30 pm #161626

Im a senior in hs. This girl is a sophmore. She used to like me a lot last year but i never caught on and I was interested in someone else so i never realized.

Over the summer i realized i missed her and i actually have feelings for her, so when school started again i started talking to her a lot more.

We were talking a lot and everyrhing was going great. I had it in the bag for a couple weeks, but I waited too long and she started to lose interest.

I panicked when i saw this so i texted her and told her how much i like her and asked her out. She said she likes me and im awesome but now isn’t a good time. I said i understood and all but maybe we could go out in a couple weeks, to which she said yes.

So i waited a month or two and kept talking to her. She starred to go hot and cold on me. One week she really liked me, the other week she acted less interested.

I asked her to he movies recently.
    She told me im awesome but she’s busy and ahe has feelings for somebody else.

MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    January 4, 2018 at 5:34 pm #161630

I know the guy she likes. I don’t know how things are between them. They talk in school and he’s friends with her older sister (hes a senior too).
    After she told me she likes someone else I said i wish it could have worked out & i really regret not talking to her more last year.

She didn’t respond to that, then she texted me Happy New Year with little hearts and all at 2am the other night.

Weve had school again for two days and i saw her talking to him once or twice.
    I haven’t talked to her but I noticed her looking at me a couple times, watching my stories, liking my posts

I realize i screwed up, and I don’t know how to proceed. Im moving on to two or three other girls (one is actually a really good friends or hers so maybe she could help me there) but I still hold out some hope that things with this other guy dont work out.

So, while i go after other girls, whats the best plan for her? Do i stay friends, cut contacr, start ralking to her friend i like? What do i do here

gcp
    Participant
    January 4, 2018 at 9:00 pm #161641

I wouldn’t cut her out completely, if the opportunity is their just talk to her casually like you two are friends, but I would continue to see what else is out there. Don’t miss out on other opportunities sitting around waiting for her other relationship to end. I know this is all easier said than done.

MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    January 5, 2018 at 8:53 am #161650

So in that case, should I ask her about her friend? I would just start talkig to this friend without asking her first but then i feel like they would both see me as desperate and trying to make her jealous

gkar18
    Participant
    January 6, 2018 at 8:22 pm #161769

she doesn’t seem worth it to me. Seems like she has you as a back-up option if things don’t go well with this other guy. I would move on and find someone else.

simong
    Participant
    January 7, 2018 at 2:09 am #161770

I’d try my best to move on from her with someone other than her friend. It’s good to just move on completely, and trying to do so with the friend will definitely make it seem like you have ulterior motives. Start fresh.

marioschluse
    Participant
    January 7, 2018 at 4:32 pm #161774

she doesn’t seem worth it to me. Seems like she has you as a back-up option if things don’t go well with this other guy. I would move on and find someone else.

I totally agree, you should move on!
    She keeps being hot and cold just to keep you interested, so she has a backup.