Where do I meet girls to date and how do I approach them?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 11:31 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

KindLovingPerson
    KindLovingPerson
    Participant
    March 21, 2020 at 3:01 am #231821

I just really want to start going on dates and find a girlfriend. I’m not picky at all but I don’t know how to meet girls. I’m not ugly, I have goals and I’m nice but I’ve always been shy.

Right now bars are closed but when they open should I start going to them every weekend? How should I approach girls?

Any other places? Dating apps aren’t an option for me. I swipe on Tinder and Bumble all day and get no matches.

anon
    anon
    Participant
    March 21, 2020 at 10:51 am #231823

Go to the places that link to your hobbies and start meeting girls there. Like if you love reading books, go to different bookstores. If youre into fitness, go to outdoor gyms, run or hike in different areas etc. you may bump into girls with similar interests to you and itll be easy to start a conversation. (Once everything is open again)

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 25, 2020 at 5:16 pm #232075

Nightclubs, bars, happy hours, dance clubs, festivals, beach, gyms with yoga & cycle classes are known to attract women.
    Joining a few hobby interest groups on Meetup is another way to meet and gradually get to know women.

Befriend a guy or two who IS having lots of luck with the ladies, hang out with him/them and learn.

Join a couple of online dating sites/apps other than the “swipe variety”.

Oftentimes when guys aren’t doing well with women it’s usually their personality and lack of flirtation skills.
    They come across as awkward, goofy, or nervous. Women like guys who are confident and with a little swagger.

Another thing that holds a lot of guys back is they don’t have any single male friends to learn from or be a wingman.
    They don’t get invited to parties nor host any parties, bbqs, or events of their own.(Another reason to have friends)

Invest a little time and money on your appearance to be in shape and look your best.

El-Komodo
    El-Komodo
    Participant
    March 26, 2020 at 10:42 am #232112

You can use any of a bazillion dating apps out there to find someone with your interests. Speeds the process. lol

rokus1
    rokus1
    Participant
    March 27, 2020 at 2:21 am #232186

hi actually there are probaby dozens of ways to meet beautiful women you just need to know where to look.

As you mentioned dating apps will just get you nothing as they are designed for brief encounters or to collect membership fees from its users in the guise of finding a connection. (aka tinder)

you could try launguage exchange apps make friends help others with learning your language make a connection over time and if you get on well together move it to the next level, but this approach will take some time.

Finally you could try Sugardating here women will 100% contact you , build up your confidence chat learn what women want exchange texting and become confident in what to say and how to act , you really need to learn how to be confident ultimately thats what a woman is looking for when dating. A confident man who knows how to respect and treat women well. learn these postive approaches and will have women fighting over you:)

NotFatherXmas
    NotFatherXmas
    Participant
    March 27, 2020 at 9:04 am #232198

Anywhere and everywhere. Women aren’t confined to bars for there whole existence!

tephros
    tephros
    Participant
    March 27, 2020 at 3:27 pm #232244

Dating apps like tinder and bumble work pretty well for me. I think photofeeler is right in that people have no clue what a good picture of themselves is and I used that site to choose better pictures. If there’s any photo of you that can score a 7+ attractive on photofeeler, you should be able to get some matches. Once you have more than one good picture on there, the next thing is to remember to be fun, confident but not arrogant, flirtatious but not overtly sexual, and show genuine interest in her as a person, and then propose concrete plans to meet after a little bit of building rapport over the messaging (asking questions that are fun, and allow you to get to know them a little).

Other than that, just get used to cold approaches I guess. Try to make random and fun conversation with a random attractive stranger wherever you are and accept that it’ll fail a lot, especially at first. But the only place right now is a park, and people have extra barriers up due to social distancing.

riccimauro
    riccimauro
    Participant
    March 28, 2020 at 3:33 pm #232267

It is really true, it is the sacred truth: people are happier when they are in love … than when they are not. And that’s why I’m here to tell everyone to try to find a soul mate also trying to leave the old habits not necessarily thinking that single is better; this is not true. Love is the only force that can save us from ourselves, it can improve us, improve the people we have close by and improve the world.

Thank you all and may God bless you.

hbfhubfv
    hbfhubfv
    Participant
    March 29, 2020 at 2:47 pm #232272
    Reply To: Where do I meet girls to date and how do I approach them?

You should go out it could be anywhere if you see a cute girl just approach her and get to know her.

T4816
    T4816
    Participant
    March 31, 2020 at 9:32 pm #232413
    Reply To: Where do I meet girls to date and how do I approach them?

Hey brother,

The first question you gotta ask yourself is… what kinds of women are you interested in?

That will determine where you should focus your efforts on. Although every location attracts all kinds of women, its safe to say that there are certain women who go certain places. Bars & clubs, for more outgoing, fun women. Coffee shops, for smart, studious/working women. Same thing for shopping malls, restaurants, beaches, parks, you name it.

After you figure out where you think your type of woman goes, it’s time to go there yourself and start meeting them.

When approaching, I wouldn’t try and use any fancy or elaborate pick-up type lines. I always go the bold and genuine route and it helps me out a ton.

My go to opener is first commenting on something relevant and fun, then I follow it up by being honest “Kinda random but I thought you were cute and I just wanted to say hi”

Let me know if you got any other questions.