who should pay after dating for one year?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 1:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lcoste2
    lcoste2
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 12:56 am #192298

I have been dating this man for one year and we had talked about going to jazz concert, tickets cost $400. A week later my boyfriend asked me if I mind that he brings a friend, Mike. I said no, I don’t mind at all. My boyfriend- Ted, said he wanted to buy him a ticket and treat him.
    The following week, Ted asked my how much do I feel comfortable paying for the ticket, I replied $400 and that is high for me. Ted said, okay can you venmo me your money and I plan on buying the tickets soon. I plan to pay for my guy friends, Mikes Ticket.
    I was a little bothered by the fact that my boyfriend would take my money and then turn around and buy a ticket for his friend.
    I couldn’t hold back, but had to ask him why would he take money from me, his lover, partner, and then turn around and buy a ticket for Mike.
    What are your thoughts about this man?
    BTW, I recently purchase tickets for my boyfriend and I to go to a festival, $200 each and I have not asked him to pay for that ticket.

incanada
    incanada
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 1:02 am #192299

Mexico will pay for the tickets.

lcoste2
    lcoste2
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 8:45 am #192301

What do you mean by Mexico will pay for the ticket?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 10:27 pm #192411

Clearly you are being USED as a human ATM machine.
    If you had an adult daughter or sister in this situation what advice would you give her?

If this is any indication as to how things have been going on for a year it’s time you moved on.
    After a few months there should be some “give and take” when it comes to paying for dates.
    There should never been an instance where one person expects their partner to pay for their friend. (In my opinion)

I mention (my opinion) because there really is no “right” or “wrong” concerning most relationship issues.
    There is only “agree” or “disagree”. The goal in life is to find a mate who (naturally agrees) with YOU!
    It’s pointless for you to fight about this as people generally don’t change unless (they) are unhappy.
    Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.

When (we) change our circumstances change.
    “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

The world may not owe you anything but (you) owe yourself the world!

gow311055
    gow311055
    Participant
    January 13, 2019 at 3:37 am #192489

Both people should pay. Its only fair

KT1987
    KT1987
    Participant
    January 13, 2019 at 10:29 pm #192496

I would just ask why he’s paying for this friend. It could be that this friend has paid or done things for him in the past and he just wants to return. The favor

Rein
    Rein
    Participant
    January 14, 2019 at 5:47 pm #192570

So if I follow correctly in this you paid for your ticket. He is buying his and a friends. I have a feeling he’s just repaying a favor his friend did on a different ocassion. Does he always ask you to pay? I’d expect The Who pays should be kinda fluid. For instance if you wanted to see a movie and you paid because it was your idea and then say he wanted to do wine tasting and he paid. This shouldn’t have a fixed answer and the question should be does any of it seem fair or are you being used.

Naples1276
    Naples1276
    Participant
    January 14, 2019 at 6:09 pm #192572

After a year it should be equal. Or your dating the wrong person !

yardy
    yardy
    Participant
    January 15, 2019 at 6:55 pm #192676

Does Ted not have a job that he needs you to pay for all the tickets? Any sensible man would pay for his own / friend’s and maybe gf depending on how you both manage finances, but never take money from the gf.

Hollybear2013
    Hollybear2013
    Participant
    January 16, 2019 at 5:50 pm #192767
    Reply To: who should pay after dating for one year?

Did you find out if the friend had a “return favor” going on, it should be a mutual pay on both sides and if he expects you to pay for him again after this tell him you can’t that he has to buy his and you buy yours, especially if its not a give and take type relationship.

senior2k21
    senior2k21
    Participant
    January 17, 2019 at 9:20 pm #192907

I feel that it should either be split by the two of you, or maybe planned ahead by either you or your boyfriend. His friend should definitely not be the one receiving the benefits!

T0320
    T0320
    Participant
    January 18, 2019 at 1:48 am #192927

I think you should take turns

Ruy
    Ruy
    Participant
    January 22, 2019 at 12:38 am #193080

Both people should pay.

Thynight
    Thynight
    Participant
    January 22, 2019 at 11:55 pm #193203

Talk to your boyfriend. Does seem strange you pay for yours, but he pays for his friends.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 3, 2019 at 3:07 pm #194060

Hello 1 coste2

I read your post and can understand why you would feel hurt. However it is very easy to miss the forest for the trees if we focus on the money. the money is only a tool that is used i certain ways. I would love to help you but I need some background information to give you the correct feedback. Kindly answer the following:
    1. what is your age?
    2. what is your boyfriend’s age?
    3. What is your relationship history?
    4. What is his relationship history?
    5. Are the two of you intimate sexually?
    6. How do you feel about your boy friend? The issue of choosing his friend over you is most likely not an isolated action in your boyfriends character.
    7.. How else has your boyfriend disappointed you and hurt you in the past?
    8. what attracts you to your boy friend and keeps you in the relationship?

I look forward to you response and continuing to give you my feedback

GJ

1 2