Why did my ex stare at me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ieele
    ieele
    Participant
    November 10, 2018 at 12:34 am #189162

I saw her for the first time in 5 months and besides social media, i knew nothing about her life. I saw her constantly stare in my direction and so eventually I decided to go say hi and she reached out and gave me a hug. We had a short conversation and afterward she continued to look in my vicinity.

She broke up with me and although there were no hard feelings she has opened up to me and told me she felt guilty about our breakup months after. I dont quite understand what she means and im generally just confused about what she is trying to imply.

ploppySonOfPloppy
    ploppySonOfPloppy
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 12:12 pm #189178

Just ask her. There’s no way of knowing if someone misses you, feels guilty, tried to get back together, etc.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 12:27 pm #189179

” I dont quite understand what she means and im generally just confused about what she is trying to imply.”
    It’s up to (her) to clarify any confusion you may have.
    Generally speaking if you have to “figure someone out” it usually means they’re not “into” you.

Having said that are hoping to get back with your ex?
    Is this why you’re sifting through the tea leaves looking for clues, watching her watching you?

“…she {felt guilty} about our breakup months after.”

Lets be clear, just because someone feels guilty does not mean they regret the breakup.
    Some people have a difficult time with hurting those who care more about them than the other way around.
    This why when some people dump a person they’ll offer friendship as a “consolation prize”.
    They don’t want to feel like the “bad guy”. The “no contact rule” is probably best for the person who got dumped.
    That way they will not hold out hope for getting back together through the friendship.

Feeling bad about hurting you isn’t saying she loves you.

ieele
    ieele
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 1:02 pm #189183

I’ve asked her before if she felt guilty for hurting me. She never said yes and wouldn’t tell me what it is.

Since she opened up to me I thought I’d help her but she refused to tell me why she feels guilty

Linda2018
    Linda2018
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 8:48 pm #189199

He loves you, that’s why he looks

ieele
    ieele
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 11:43 pm #189201

well, hes actually a she so

Forest1990
    Forest1990
    Participant
    November 12, 2018 at 7:53 am #189206

sry to invade just posting so i can post my own

CJ
    CJ
    Participant
    November 14, 2018 at 6:56 am #189312

be straight and to the point but not to much. Good luck

November 15, 2018 at 5:39 pm #189444

Maybe she was telepathically asking for a bagel

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    November 15, 2018 at 5:56 pm #189447
    Reply To: Why did my ex stare at me?

She’s probably thinking since you said it was the first you were seeing each other again. She could be reminiscing, thinking about what ifs, reflecting on your past relationship? Maybe there’s something more she wanted to say before that she didn’t get to say? The possibilities are endless.

BusDriver215
    BusDriver215
    Participant
    November 16, 2018 at 2:57 am #189456
    Reply To: Why did my ex stare at me?

She may miss you