Why did the man unblock me on whatsapp, but have me blocked on dating app?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 5:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

shaina
    shaina
    Participant
    May 24, 2019 at 4:40 pm #201047

I am 34, and met online a 33y old man almost a month ago. We clicked over phone (spoke 15 min) and in a weeks time, I initiated if we can meet. Since he was travelling for 100 miles distance, and that I had put on weight, and was not able to afford new clothes, I texted. He was disturbed and later I sent a video and he was ok with it. 2 days before we were to meet, when I asked if there was a plan, he replied not sure, but he is meeting with me. I said if he has found someone, thats fine. He was upset and cancelled the date and refused to respond to my text or phone call. Nevertheless, I had prepared for full week and did buy new clothes and went for grooming. He blocked on dating app and whatsapp. After 2 days, I did chat with him as a new woman. We chatted for almost full day online. We clicked again. I dont think he knew it was me, although he perhaps had tracked ip address. In the chat, he asked are you our dutchess, he cuddled in morning (chat).
    further details in reply…

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by shaina shaina.
    shaina
    shaina
    Participant
    May 24, 2019 at 4:42 pm #201050

I did talk about bit of intimacy and he knew I was sexually inexperienced and he was saying I was being straight forward about my needs but he was ok with it. He said he was considering me. When I asked why, he said he will explain later. He said I was a potential suitor. I again asked why? Later, that night, he blocked me. Next day, I told him both the girls were me and I respected his decision. He blocked me. After few days, he unblocked on whatsapp! I blocked him. I now dont know if I should text him or ignore. Is it a joke?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 25, 2019 at 3:12 pm #201057

If you have to “figure someone out” it usually means they’re not really into YOU.
    You both have played too many games. There was no reason for you to pretend to be someone else.
    It appears you were way too invested in someone you had never even met!
    You should keep your options open by dating other guys until you and another agree to become a couple.

“Go where you’re celebrated, not where you’re tolerated.” – Anonymous

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

shaina
    shaina
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 8:23 am #201076

Thanks so much. I don’t know if I can call it as a game. I was trying to communicate with him. I did speak about myself indirectly to him and I had uploaded a side faced photo. I was too much invested in him perhaps, given that I came across several crap profiles and men and he happened to be the one with who I felt connected. May be I was feeling bit weak within me and lonely (intellect sometimes gets overruled by emotions) that I needed the presence of a man (not for sex). He had asked if I was looking for sugardaddy earlier and he presumed I was paranoid. I thought it was miscommunication but he was not ready to speak to me over phone. I gave benefit of doubt as it was online dating and many could have undergone bad experiences. He was not interested perhaps for the same reason and I wanted to communicate. I don’t know how to explain myself. Anyways, I realise it was wrong.

shaina
    shaina
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 8:23 am #201077

I have been in unrequited love twice and had sex once 7 years ago. I am 34 and perhaps bit desperate in choosing right man to make a baby. I am insecured because of lack of experience. I have a strong urge for companionship and perhaps don’t want to land up in one sided love again and go through pain. Well, I acted unwise.

I am tired of online dating. I have been for 3 months and found no luck. Sometimes, they like me and sometimes I like but it is not mutual. The only man with who I felt was mutual was this guy. Do you have any suggestions as how to find a good man?

keren
    keren
    Participant
    June 5, 2019 at 5:50 am #201637

i guess he doesn’t want you to follow him on the dating site.. i guess he’s still active there while dating you. i had a similar situation with someone i met on daterex com

keren
    keren
    Participant
    June 5, 2019 at 5:51 am #201638

It’s a little embarrassing though.. but i need an advice. So.. i met someone on a dating-site called Daterex com, he seemed to be a nice guy, we went on few dates and everything was nice, we started to get intimate and after few dates we had sex, which was very nice, but then few days after he started to act strange, like suddenly he became too busy to meet with me… Another friend of mine is also on this dating-site and i decided to talk to her about it, and we found out that this guy is basically seeing her also while dating me. so i’m wondering what i should do next? should i avoid it and let it go, or should i finish with him? looking for your advice 🙏