Why does he think that I don't have any flaws?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 5:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Laura23
    Laura23
    Participant
    February 7, 2019 at 4:47 pm #194442

I asked this guy, who’s a close friend of mine and is married, if he has ever thought of me as annoying. He’s said that I never was to him. But, I remember times when I was annoying and I pointed it out to him with examples from the past, which are true. Yet, he still says that I’m not. He’s even said that out of all of his friends, who are annoying or bother him, it’s never been the case with me. He even sometimes talks about his wife to me and says that she even annoys him with the things that she does and he thinks that he annoys her at times. But, he has said some positive things about her as well. Then, he said that he’s certain that I don’t think of him as annoying. I just said no. But, in reality, I kind of do. At least with one thing. He always copies my actions and words and it gets on my nerves at times, but I just try to ignore it because it’s not a big deal. Why does he think that I’m never annoying and thinks that others are annoying?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 17, 2019 at 3:38 pm #195088

You don’t need to put everything under a microscope!
    If the guy thinks your crap doesn’t stink so be it. Move on!

You’re supposedly just “platonic friends’ and it’s not uncommon for friends to be given the benefit of doubt over significant others. The more physically and emotionally close two people are the more likely they see get each other’s nerves from time to time. Their friendships become an “escape” from their reality.

Odds are if he had to choose between being with you or his wife he would propose to her once again.
    It’s not uncommon for (women) to put nice guys in their “friend zone” while they continue to date jerks and a-holes.
    Love that comes easy isn’t valued by some people. They are drawn to people who present obstacles, drama, and “challenges”.

pks43
    pks43
    Participant
    February 19, 2019 at 6:17 am #195133

When you like someone you cant have, there not really “real”, there a dream, a goal.
    Last time I checked dreams are usually perfect. It dosent have to be a romantic goal ethier, if your self opinion is low, even a close freind can earn that lofty “your perfect status,”