Why is he doing all of this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 10:31 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Laura23
    Laura23
    Participant
    January 1, 2019 at 12:59 pm #191796

I told my therapist that I liked him, but only as a therapist. After I said that, he got excited and told me that he was glad that I said that and that I’ve always been his favorite client. I was leaving a session and he said “I hope you enjoy this warm weather, such as yourself”. Then he quickly said “such as today”. He tries to find things in common with me a lot. He also takes some of the things that I’m interested in and applies them into his life. I’m also in group therapy with him. During these sessions, he’d try to sit next to me, even when there are other seats open for him to sit in next to other clients. If he isn’t able to sit next to me, he’ll stare at me for a long time after the session is over as I’m getting ready to leave. He mirrors my body language while he’s looking and listening to other clients within the group. If I sit back in my chair, he’ll sit back in his. Or, if I rest my hand under my chin, he’ll do the same. He’s married and I’m single.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 1, 2019 at 10:01 pm #191802

It’s clear he has a crush on you.
    Just because someone is married doesn’t mean they don’t find other people attractive or even lust after them.
    However most people keep their thoughts to themselves.

If you have issues to work on you’re better off doing the process with someone who doesn’t want to screw you.
    Time for you to find a new therapist. (Maybe a heterosexual female)
    Unless (you) like the attention!

SpicySalami
    SpicySalami
    Participant
    January 1, 2019 at 11:58 pm #191810

Yeah, he got the wrong idea. Therapy is a deep and intimate setting during which feelings may come forth from one side (or both). On his part, it’s unprofessional to open up. He should know better. On your part, you should not have used the word ‘like’ when talking about him.

Especially if you are young and pretty, he 100% has a crush on you.

It is generally not recommended to have therapy sessions with the gender you’re attracted to and with a person that may find you attractive. I believe this was recommended by Jordan Peterson but I’m not entirely sure. It’s too touchy of a setting.

cgo1234567
    cgo1234567
    Participant
    January 3, 2019 at 3:13 am #191831

he someone stares at u they he either thinks your weird or really likes u. I think he likes u

melika
    melika
    Participant
    January 4, 2019 at 10:58 pm #191951

Change therapists now.

incanada
    incanada
    Participant
    January 7, 2019 at 8:16 am #191984

Melika nails this one. This is uncomfortable at the least and verges on massively inappropriate. I’m not judging, honest, it just feels like it could be a real mess. NEW THERAPIST!

tori25
    tori25
    Participant
    January 7, 2019 at 1:35 pm #192063

I agree with what everyone else has said, he may have taken what you said the wrong way. Either way, it is not appropriate that your therapist or you should have any sort of feelings for each other. The point of therapy is to gain perspective from someone with a neutral and outside view of the conflicts in your life. Either way, if he has any sort of feelings for you, any advice he could give you may be biased and is not worth paying for as a service to you because it will no longer be beneficial.