Why is it my boyfriend and I can't break the cycle???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 10:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cyclesaround
    cyclesaround
    Participant
    August 28, 2019 at 7:11 am #206222

My bf and I love each other and been together for many years, but there has been brief periods I’ve left him – like a repetition of sorts every year or so; I get really fed up with him lying about his money issues and then I leave him but then after short time we really miss each other and reconcile. He can be very self centered but other times he very good to me and my family and very sensitive. Recently after he lied again, I thought it was the final time, enough is enough but as I was breaking it off he said you know we will be back together in a few weeks so why bother? We have some things coming up together like a wedding, a beach vacation, etc. and he was really pissed that I was doing this right before these events and very concerned about what “others” thought so out of guilt I’m meeting him at the end of the family beach vacation for a day or so. He can be verbally abusive sometimes and he can’t stand the idea of me being with another man. Is this love or possessiveness?