Why isn’t she answering me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 5:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

brm51
    brm51
    Participant
    July 2, 2019 at 2:30 am #203191

So I started talking to this girl online a month ago. We Texted back and forth for a few days, went out for drinks a few days in and we completely hit it off. The date lasted four hours and we kissed goodnight.

We were supposed to go on a date several days later, but she ended up injuring herself the night before. She told me to come over her place though and we spent literally the entire day together just cuddling in her bed and talking.

That was three weeks ago. We continued texting each other every day after that. We were supposed to have a date both that week and the following week, but each time she had something come up the day or and cancelled. I also had to cancel one get together.

She has been back in her hometown the past week and has barely texted me, before we texted every day. I’ve been trying to set up a date for when she gets back, she said sure and asked when I was available. I responded and asked when she was free, but she hasn’t answered. It’s been 4 days.

brm51
    brm51
    Participant
    July 2, 2019 at 2:33 am #203192

I should also note that while she’s been back in her hometown the pst week, she said in one of her texts she apologizes for being so distant with me. We would text every day and now there’s been hardly any communication the pst week. I like this girl a lot and we both really hit it off, but she seems like she’s lost interest and I don’t know why. I’m pretty certain she’s not talking to anyone else. She’s said she told her friends all about me. I just do t get why all of a sudden she’s stopped responding to my texts.

colinwall87
    colinwall87
    Participant
    July 2, 2019 at 10:48 pm #203218

I happens to all of us. Many young woman go through serious emotional issues. Only time will tell. Be patient.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 4, 2019 at 8:09 pm #203264

“I’m pretty certain she’s not talking to anyone else.”
    I wouldn’t bet on that!

Sounds like you’re in the “friend zone” at best.
    You may have blown your chance when you spent the day talking and “cuddling” in her bed.
    Maybe if you had made romantic move on her and had sex she may have felt more connected.

Since that day she has canceled on dating opportunities to be with you and no longer texts you.
    You say she’s told her friends about you but you don’t know (what) she told them.

If you want to you should call her up and get things out in the open.
    Otherwise find some other girls to date in the meantime.
    The biggest mistake a lot of people make with online dating is (acting like they are in a committed relationship).
    It causes them to emotionally invest in people they barely know. You should have kept your options open.
    Odds are you are not the only guy who hit on her especially if her profile is still active.

wantsguyfun
    wantsguyfun
    Participant
    July 5, 2019 at 4:01 am #203272

shes bord

matthewjcr
    matthewjcr
    Participant
    July 6, 2019 at 4:48 pm #203312

I think also if you do not meet shortly after the initial promising conversation and life gets in the way it is easy for the girl to forget why she was initially interested and put you on a backburner. Also a month is a long time in online dating she may have hotter prospects!