Why men are not attracted to me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 8:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    July 5, 2019 at 7:36 pm #203298

I am 40, in great shape and full of energy, but it seems that men are not attracted to me. It’s been four years of no dates and no sex. I love to the travel, go to movies, festivals, outings, concerts, museums, and lots of fun stuff. I have a successful professional career, good health and I am very passionate about many issues like the environment and social justice movements. I tried online dating at eharmony for six months but didn’t meet anyone. Actually zero conversations from it. Sometimes I think it’s gonna be like this forever. I mean not even a coffee date in 4 years is a long time. It seems like all men around have no interest in anything whatsoever. Actually it is very rare to even see men going to the places and activities that I like, like hiking, the beach, festivals, etc.. I always read that men are attracted to confident, talented, independent women with their own life and interests, but, I don’t know, I am that woman and no guy seems to ever notice me anywhere.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 6, 2019 at 12:54 pm #203306

“Actually it is very rare to even see men going to the places and activities that I like, like hiking, the beach, festivals, etc.”
    Seriously? There are ONLY women at the beach and festivals you go to?

If you want something different YOU have to do something different.

It’s a little difficult to give you my opinion without seeing your photo or what you stated in your online profile.
    Pretty much your photo is your calling card when it comes to online dating.
    People won’t even bother reading a profile if they aren’t attracted to someone’s photo.

You may have also done better with Match as opposed to eHarmony.
    At this point your goal should be to meet someone new and go out on a date.
    eHarmony is for those people who may be tired of dating and believe they are ready to settle down.

You didn’t mention if you had any single girlfriends to go out with? Have you ever initiated conversations with men?
    Have you joined any singles networks on LinkedIn or Meetup? Maybe hire a dating coach on Fiverr. Don’t give up!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    July 6, 2019 at 6:34 pm #203314

Well I meant you don’t see single men or men going alone in those places. Obviously there are men but they are all with their significant other so that doesn’t count. I didn’t gave much thought to Match but maybe you are right and it is worth it to give it a try. I just thought e harmony was better because they ask many deep questions but I noticed that most guys just don’t answer those so it is really hard from their profiles to see what they think or what are their interests. The very few that made some sore of contact were giving me their phone numbers in the first sentence which I think is weird and not safe. My profile photo was me at the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. I had other photos in a volcano in Guatemala and in a lake in Bariloche. Most of my girlfriends are single but we are not really into the bar scene. We prefer outdoors, hiking, art related activities and that sort of things. I am going to check those networks you mentioned as I didn’t know about that. Thanks.

July 12, 2019 at 8:18 pm #203615

Have you any luck so far trying out other dating sites or places in mweting men?

FemaleFriends123
    FemaleFriends123
    Participant
    July 14, 2019 at 11:52 am #203630

I feel you. I think it’s the fact that men nowadays find independent women intimidating. They’d rather date someone who’s easy to control and manipulate. Believe me, I’ve experienced it. But at the end of the day, it takes a better and a stronger man who can actually put up with women like us. I just got out of a 3-year relationship, and this is exactly what I have observed with my ex. He is not too happy with my little wins and achievements. It’s like a competition, with him. ALL THE TIME.

Don’t give up. Things will find its way to you. Just be yourself and don’t force things to happen.