Why was he staring at me like that?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 1:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kat67
    Kat67
    Participant
    August 17, 2018 at 2:51 pm #181850

I’m good friends with this guy and we had made plans to go out together and eat somewhere to catch up on life. We were both sitting at a booth and he was talking to me. After he was done talking, we both went silent for a moment. I had looked down for a second, but then when I looked back up at him, I found him staring and smiling at me with his head tilted off to the side. His eyes were also slightly crinkled while he was staring at me. What does it mean when a guy looks at a woman like this?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 17, 2018 at 10:35 pm #181885

What do YOU want it to mean?
    That’s real question you need to answer for yourself.

Are you attracted to him and hope (he) wants more than a friendship?
    Were you uncomfortable or felt creeped out by his stare and don’t want to be around him?

I wouldn’t get ahead of myself especially if he didn’t flirt with you, hit on you, or attempt to kiss you.
    As you noted you’re “good friends” who met to “catch up on life”.
    Maybe he momentarily felt how wonderful it was to be back in touch with you like old times.
    Odds are he was unaware he was “staring” at you.

At this point I would just consider this to be an innocent “one off” moment you experienced.
    However if he keeps asking you out and you see there is a pattern, maybe he wants out of the “friend zone”.
    If you’re not attracted to him in that way you should create some distance and openly discuss each other’s dating/relationships.
    True “platonic friends” wish each other well in all areas of their life.

aimilia
    aimilia
    Participant
    August 20, 2018 at 4:08 am #181904

Unfortunately you don’t say enough about all the time you spent together. Him smiling could be because he likes you in a flirtatious way or simply because he was enjoying this evening. The thing is, how do YOU feel about him?