Why would a guy do these things?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

emily44
    emily44
    Participant
    October 21, 2018 at 7:16 pm #187642

My friend who I’ve known for some time and is older than me by a few years has said that he thinks highly of me. He also said that he didn’t want to make it seem uncomfortable or awkward for me to hear him say that.

Also, whenever we’d walk together, we’d usually walk together side by side. For the first time ever, he let me walk in front of him. The space that we were in wasn’t crowded and no one else was around. It felt weird leading the way so I slowed down and kind of stopped to wait for him to walk beside me. He gave me a little laugh as he came up beside me.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 22, 2018 at 2:55 pm #187714

he was probably checking you out from behind – or likes your legs or tush…
    are you into him? you never said.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 22, 2018 at 4:52 pm #187722

You called him: “My friend”
    “… he thinks highly of me.”
    “He also said that he didn’t want to make it seem {uncomfortable or awkward for me to hear him say that}.

You said you’ve known him for a few years.
    Sounds to me like he wants out of your “friend zone”.

Otherwise there is no reason for a “platonic friend” to feel uncomfortable or awkward because their friend thinks “highly” of them. As richiro stated he was probably “checking you out” and the “little laugh” was meant to be flirtatious.

I suspect he’s trying to be subtle about his intentions for fear you might end the friendship if he were more direct about his feelings.
    Lots of women proclaim there aren’t any “good men” but most women put “good men” they meet in their “friend zone”.
    Almost every woman knows a “nice guy” they want to see have a girlfriend but they never consider them self as a prospect.

ThrowawayAccount
    ThrowawayAccount
    Participant
    October 23, 2018 at 4:16 am #187728

I couldn’t agree more with the other comments, it wouldn’t hurt to ask if you really want to know right? I think you’re on the right track if you do like him, good luck! : )

emily44
    emily44
    Participant
    October 23, 2018 at 8:52 am #187724

I was wearing leggings that day along with a long coat that covered my butt and half of my leg area.

I do find him attractive, but I can’t do anything about it because he’s in a relationship and I respect that.

rawan99
    rawan99
    Participant
    October 23, 2018 at 2:06 pm #187744

Definitely a valid concern and interesting situation.

ShawnDude82
    ShawnDude82
    Participant
    October 25, 2018 at 12:42 pm #187858

If he’s in a relationship, then he shouldn’t be flirting around with you or whatever. I say, keep him friendzoned until/unless he leaves his current love. You don’t want that kind of drama.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 25, 2018 at 1:22 pm #187864

oh he’s in a relationship. good to know.
    Why does a guy do this? Because some guys, unfortunately, do such things. It’s not going to change. There are good and bad people and always will be. He seems to be the on the bad side (b/c he’s checking you out when he’s committed to another).

Our job is to figure out who is what and then include or remove them from our lives depending on who we want in our lives (what type of people).