Women over 40 who cry over perceived slights. Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 2:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

smiley666
    smiley666
    Participant
    June 19, 2018 at 1:37 pm #177448

I’m a former pretty boy who talks for a living, but beyond that, I’m no catch. I’m a loner slacker who lives happily in a man cave. I recently considered re-connecting with a woman (single mom of 17 year old) who liked me a lot a lot a lot, but that was based more on her perceptions of me, rather than on the real me. We were trying to figure things out, and I sent a stupid text: “Just as I can be a raging slacker, you can be a raging narcissist.” She’s not a bad person but she definitely lives in her little own world. In any case, when I came over to her place, she had a complete meltdown over my stupid text, crying about how much my text hurt her. She cried that she was no narcissist, just self-centered. With tears in her eyes, she goes off on my own faults (note that I don’t lie, cheat, or even tease) and giving all the reasons that she’s self-centered. Of course, this doesn’t work for me, at all. I’m now completely turned off.

Is this meltdown the norm when dating adult women?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 20, 2018 at 8:36 pm #177614

Apparently you struck a nerve.
    Maybe you are not the (first person) to make such an assertion.
    However it’s possible since she (likes you) “a lot a lot a lot”… hearing it come from YOU was like a dagger in her heart.

“Of course, this doesn’t work for me, at all. I’m now completely turned off.”

Now if you really liked (HER) or had any feelings for her you would have apologized for hurting her.
    No one who (cares about someone) wants to be “the reason” why they’re hurting.

On the one hand you admit to (us) : “I sent a stupid text:”
    Did you tell (her) you sent a “stupid text”???
    If not, ask yourself why not. Maybe because you really don’t believe the text was stupid.
    Move on. Clearly you’re not into (her)!