Would this upset you

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Would this upset you

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 11:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mytime77
    mytime77
    Participant
    September 25, 2018 at 11:44 pm #185372
    Would this upset you

I’ve been living with my girlfriend for a couple of months . We’ve known each other for 6 years.
    Her job only gives her a day off a week and she gets home most nights at 11:30pm.
    She told me this week thats she’s going away for a week to see her parents .
    I asked if we could have a few days of her days off for time together and she said no .
    I feel a little rejected because we have barely any quality time together.
    I would appreciate your feedback.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 26, 2018 at 12:06 am #185373

You said you’ve known each other for 6 years but how long have you been in a relationship together.
    Most couples who have been together for several years tend to let romance wane over time.

However if the relationship is fairly new and you’ve only been living together for a couple of months it may be a sign.
    You would think if someone is “into you” they would want to spend some “quality time” with you.
    With only two months of living together you should still be in the “honeymoon phase”.
    Have you any reason to believe she’s unhappy with the relationship? or Cheating?

I’m not sure if I’d be “upset” but I may start to wonder if she’s “the one” for me.
    In order for her to be “the one” she would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

There is no amount of “work” or “communication” that can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

mytime77
    mytime77
    Participant
    September 26, 2018 at 2:43 am #185376

She says she looks forward to a future with me and loves me . I haven’t gotten the impression she’s unhappy with me . I agree with you that she should want to spend some time with me. She’s only seen her parents briefly in 2 years so of course I want her to see them . It’s upsetting to me that she isn’t into me even though she tells me she loves me. When she told me she was going away she didn’t say anything about wanting to see me on her week off . I’ve been very upset over this because I’ve given so much of myself to her . She keeps telling me we have a lot to look forward to .
    I

Keanu
    Keanu
    Participant
    September 30, 2018 at 10:24 am #185772

Just because she doesn’t have the time to hang out with you right now doesn’t mean she doesn’t love you. Sometimes life gets a little crazy and you have to focus on other things briefly.