Would you wait for marriage to have sex?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Would you wait for marriage to have sex?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 2:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

osubsu
    osubsu
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 12:05 pm #91143
    Reply To: Would you wait for marriage to have sex?

No this is 2016. Some people, like me, want to wait on religious grounds. I can get a hard on and my penis is good sized. You seem to have no self control and don’t seem to value women for more than their bodies. Expecting sex before the 4th date is forcing an arbitrary deadline and not allowing for the woman’s feelings on the subject. I bet you meet a lot of shallow women.

The decision to wait has to be mutual or else it will just lead to frustration and probably the end of the relationship.I remained a virgin until I married at the age of 30. Once married I had no problems having sex. Those years of waiting did not do any damage to my ability to be a great sex partner. So it can be done. Now I am divorced and finding women willing to wait is like looking for a needle in a haystack. If I stick to my convictions I may well remain single. I’m not going to marry the first woman I find who is willing to wait either. It will take a lot more than that to make for a marriage.

Light888
    Light888
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 5:10 pm #91174

Nope. Sex is something that society has taught us (women) to be ashamed of.
    Yes it is a sacred thing, so make it count when you do it, and it’s an important form of healing.
    Don’t go around having sex with everyone you’re attracted to, but don’t neglect it until marriage.
    Do it when it feels right, and that may well be after marriage in some cases, but I don’t think it’s healthy.

ZaraLoveNever
    ZaraLoveNever
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 11:33 pm #91196

Yes.

flower14
    flower14
    Participant
    January 7, 2016 at 2:21 am #91200

Yes I would

lonewolf88
    lonewolf88
    Participant
    January 7, 2016 at 3:22 pm #91268

No. Like bras, waiting until marriage before sex is a radical/extreme Christian concept and/or fundamentalist belief. Im the type of man that believes heavily in freedom. Yes, consent is important…..however, it is ultimately up to the woman. If the woman wants to start as friends with benefits or have sex during the dating period or post-dating, in the relationship period, then its her choice.

osubsu
    osubsu
    Participant
    January 8, 2016 at 11:28 am #91325

No. Like bras, waiting until marriage before sex is a radical/extreme Christian concept and/or fundamentalist belief. Im the type of man that believes heavily in freedom. Yes, consent is important…..however, it is ultimately up to the woman. If the woman wants to start as friends with benefits or have sex during the dating period or post-dating, in the relationship period, then its her choice.

I don’t know why you consider it radical or extreme. The Bible clearly teaches sex is for marriage only and anyone who honestly reads the Bible will be forced to that conclusion. I know Christians who will readily admit that the Bible teaches abstinence outside of marriage but still have sex because they don’t feel they have the self-control. So it’s a mainstream Christian belief just one most struggle to practice.

alex117
    alex117
    Participant
    January 10, 2016 at 12:05 am #91396

Honestly I didnt wait. I feel like sex is a natural thing that should be experienced moderately and that to wait 20+ years for (insert reason here) is doing nothing but harm by losing out on experiences.

pinacoladamama7
    pinacoladamama7
    Participant
    January 11, 2016 at 12:49 am #91405

I didn’t wait. I didn’t start having sex too early either but I didn’t wait.

pinacoladamama7
    pinacoladamama7
    Participant
    January 11, 2016 at 12:50 am #91406

No. Even if I had to do it over.

eahunter123
    eahunter123
    Participant
    January 11, 2016 at 11:18 pm #91438

I personally wouldn’t as marriage doesn’t seem to show up in my future plans, sex is a healthy thing in relationships, it can bring you closer as well as being a deal-breaker, ask him what his reason is for it since it’s the best way to make a decision

osubsu
    osubsu
    Participant
    January 12, 2016 at 11:29 am #91445

Thanks for all the answers so far. I appreciate the honesty. I am not here to judge. for me the challenge is being an older, divorced man who wants to keep sex for marriage yet in a landscape where very few people are like-minded. My options are to stick to my convictions even if it means no relationships, only seek out women who are like-minded AND are a good fit overall (needle in a haystack), or compromise and allow for sex before marriage but limit it to very serious relationships. My inclination is to take option #1. I understand though where the rest of you are coming from. I am unique in that (so far) sex has never been all that exciting for me. I find it pretty ho hum. I have the sexual need but self-sex is almost preferable for me. A lot of that has to do with childhood issues including Attachment Disorder, Social Anxiety, PTSD, etc. However as a Christian it is also important for me to trust and obey God and if He says sex is for marriage only that’s good enough for me.

Wittgenstein
    Wittgenstein
    Participant
    January 12, 2016 at 4:24 pm #91454

Ideally I would wait, but if I found a woman who wanted sex before marriage I don’t trust myself to say no.

1 2