Younger woman flirting with me, feeling confused

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2019 at 10:20 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

macky65
    macky65
    Participant
    May 6, 2019 at 9:55 pm #199984

A young woman (29 yo) moved into our small town with her husband about a year ago. I helped them settle in and introduced them to a few locals etc. The wife is friendly and outgoing and we became friends quickly. She’s drop dead gorgeous and flirty but it only seems to be the case with me. I’m 54, have a girlfriend my age (been together 2 years) and I’m not some cashed up guy with a nice car or anything like that.

I respect and like her husband and obviously love my girlfriend but I’m struggling with this situation. I do like the attention and get flattered and think she’s incredible – smart, witty, beautiful, fun. When we’re out she convinces me to drink more, we’re affectionate, hugging, always sitting together, she texts flirty messages with kisses and hearts and I started doing it back. The other night she kissed me on the lips (we were both drunk). Do all young girls behave like this and I’m a deluded old man? Or should I set some boundaries and risk making things awkward?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by macky65 macky65. Reason: change title
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 7, 2019 at 11:28 am #200024

“Do all young girls behave like this….”
    I believe you know the answer is HELL NO!

“..she texts flirty messages with kisses and hearts and I started doing it back.”

At age 54 you don’t get to play the naïve card. You know where this is going.
    You’ll be saying: “I never meant for this to happen.” or “One thing led to another.”
    The road to cheating is paved with saying “yes” to each opportunity to move forward.

Just about every new relationship begins with flirtatious banter.
    “she’s incredible – smart, witty, beautiful, fun.”

“I respect and like her husband and obviously love my girlfriend…”
    “we’re affectionate, hugging, always sitting together..” Really? Come on man!
    In what world do (your actions) describe someone who respects her husband or (loves) your girlfriend?

“She’s drop dead gorgeous..”
    Admit it to yourself you WANT to have sex with her!

Odds are if you cheat with her you’re going to get caught. Especially in a small town.
    Distance yourself unless you don’t care what happens.

xmetalgirl
    xmetalgirl
    Participant
    May 8, 2019 at 10:08 am #200078

I agree with what dashingscorpio said

okkkorniienko
    okkkorniienko
    Participant
    May 13, 2019 at 8:40 am #200244

Hey.
    I m reallly young.
    But in my life i understaand that you have to do want you want,you have to appreciate what you have.
    If you love your girl you cant even think about others,that’s my opinion.