|Ease of Use||4.9|
Match.com is the most popular online dating site in the U.S., living up to its guarantee to “make love happen.” In fact, the site has led more singles to more dates, relationships and marriages than any other dating site. It has the largest paid user base of any other dating site, in addition to an outstanding success rate for its users. Match.com launched in April of 1995 and has helped pioneer the online dating industry ever since.
Match.com has more than 1.7 million paid members and caters to heterosexual and gay singles.
Match.com's 13.5 million visits a month help establish the site's popularity.
Match.com's gender ratio is pretty even compared to most sites, with 49 percent of users being men and 51 percent being women.
- In-depth questionnaire takes about 30 minutes to complete. The questionnaire is broken into three main categories and nine subcategories, which includes “About Me,” “About My Match” and “In My Own Words” sections. These categories consist of questions regarding appearance, interests, lifestyle and background.
- Match.com also allows you to skip or choose “no answer” for questions you may be uncomfortable with.
- The Daily 5 provides five potential matches based on a match’s similar qualities.
- Users who don’t find someone special within the first six months of searching receive another six-month free subscription.
Ease of Use
While Match.com has a lot of features, it is still an easy site to navigate. Most of the pages are self-explanatory, and if a member needs extra help understanding the site, Match.com has a useful help page.
The site also offers a variety of search options so members can easily find potential matches based on the criteria that is most important to them. Options include keyword and tailor-made searching based upon qualities such as ethnicity, faith, education and height.
- Custom search allows you to browse by users who are in your region and are online now.
- Reverse matching lets you search profiles of people who are searching for someone with your qualities.
- Mutual matching offers users the opportunity to find singles that have similar answers in the “About My Match” section.
- Date Spark puts a unique twist on searching. You can propose a date and see who responds, or you can respond to a user who proposed a date you are interested in going on.
Unlike most online dating sites, Match.com offers customer support by phone and email.
Pros and Cons
- Large and varied user base.
- Receive suggested matches daily.
- Multiple forms of searching.
- 6-month guarantee that you'll find someone special.
- Option to see who is online now.
- Unique features including mobile dating and live chat.
- Customer service by phone.
- May not always receive the Daily 5 matches.
- Can be time consuming to search through all the choices, features and matches.
* DatingAdvice.com makes great effort to maintain accurate data for our visitors. However, as certain data may change without notice to us, it is presented as is and without warranty. Visit and gender numbers are based on data provided by third-party websites and are estimates only. Always check current pricing and other terms on a dating site before completing sign-up. Thank you for reading this far, and for visiting DatingAdvice.com. Reviewed by DatingAdvice.com Experts - Jul 15, 2014